About Prue Wright – Psychologist
MClinPsych, BAPsychHons, GradDipFamilyCoupleTherapy, GradDipEd’lStudies, DipTchg – FBT ,CBT-E ,SchemaTherapy
I’m an experienced clinical psychologist and family therapist. I’ve worked in private practice and the public and private health systems here in Sydney and in
I provide assessment and evidence-based treatment for eating disorders and issues associated with body image. I also focus on child and adolescent mental health
I also have a special interest in attachment and relationship difficulties in families and parenting/ couple
I help families focus on the emotional connection between children and parents through facilitating emotion coaching techniques.
Qualifications and endorsements
In addition to my Honours and Masters degrees, I have the following qualifications:
- Fully endorsed Clinical Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Agency (Psychology Board of Australia Number: PSY0001683650)
- Certified as an ISST Advanced Schema Therapist
- Family & Couple Therapy (Systemic Family Therapy)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy-Enhanced (for adults with eating disorders)
- Maudsley Family Based Treatment for Adolescents with eating disorders
- Circle of Security Parenting for parents of children 0-8 with attachment difficulties
- Tuning into Kids Parent Facilitator
I have the following memberships and endorsements:
- An AHPRA board-approved Clinical Psychologist supervisor
- A full member of the Australian Psychological Society
- A Practitioner Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council (UK)
- A Chartered Psychologist with the British Psychological Society
- A full member of the Australian Clinical Psychology Association
- A member of the Australian and New Zealand Academy for Eating Disorders.
- A full member of the International Society of Schema Therapy (ISST)
- Meditation facilitator
Previous work history
Prior to being a psychologist, I was a primary school teacher. Among others, I taught at two local schools – Wakehurst Public School and Mimosa Public School. I have always been passionate about nurturing and encouraging the minds of young children.
I’m a warm, compassionate and friendly Clinical Psychologist who creates an environment of safety and trust.
I Work With Individuals, Couples, Families, & Groups
Individual TherapyI help with mental health conditions such as anxiety, depression, complex trauma, eating disorders, chronic pain and intense emotions and distress for children, adolescents and adults.
Parenting challengesI can help with parenting challenges such as managing oppositional, highly active and hard to manage children. I can also help couples and individuals prepare and adjust to parenting.
Family TherapyI help with attachment and relationship difficulties in families including families in conflict, blended families, separation anxiety and attachment difficulties.
Contact Psychology Now
Ask a question or book an appointment below.
0468 440 295
Frenchs Forest - Forest Central Business Park estate
Building 7, Level 1, Suite 10
49 Frenchs Forest Road East, Frenchs Forest, NSW 2086