About Prue Wright – Psychologist
MClinPsych, BAPsychHons, GradDipFamilyCoupleTherapy, GradDipEd’lStudies, DipTchg – FBT
I’m an experienced clinical psychologist and family therapist. I’ve worked in private practice and the public and private health systems here in Sydney and in London.
I provide assessment and evidence-based treatment for eating disorders and issues associated with body image. I also focus on child and adolescent mental health as well as anxiety, depression, chronic pain and complex trauma in children, adolescents and adults.
I also have a special interest in attachment and relationship difficulties in families and parenting challenges including development and adjustment to parenting.
I help families focus on the emotional connection between children and parents through facilitating emotion coaching techniques.
Qualifications and endorsements
In addition to my Honours and Masters degrees, I have the following qualifications:
- Family & Couple Therapy (Systemic Family Therapy)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy-Enhanced (for adults with eating disorders)
- Maudsley Family Based Treatment for Adolescents with eating disorders
- Circle of Security Parenting for parents of children 0-8 with attachment difficulties
- Schema Therapy
- Meditation facilitator
- Fully endorsed Clinical Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Agency (Psychology Board of Australia Number: PSY0001683650)
- An AHPRA board-approved Clinical Psychologist supervisor
- A Practitioner Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council (UK)
- A Chartered Psychologist with the British Psychological Society
- A full member of the Australian Clinical Psychology Association
- A member of the Australian and New Zealand Academy for Eating Disorders.
Previous work history
Prior to being a psychologist, I was a primary school teacher. Among others, I taught at two local schools – Wakehurst Public School and Mimosa Public School. I have always been passionate about nurturing and encouraging the minds of young children.
I’m a warm, compassionate and friendly Clinical Psychologist who creates an environment of safety and trust.
I Work With Individuals, Couples, Families, & Groups
Individual TherapyI help with mental health conditions such as anxiety, depression, complex trauma, eating disorders, chronic pain and intense emotions and distress for children, adolescents and adults.
Parenting challengesI can help with parenting challenges such as managing oppositional, highly active and hard to manage children. I can also help couples and individuals prepare and adjust to parenting.
Family TherapyI help with attachment and relationship difficulties in families including families in conflict, blended families, separation anxiety and attachment difficulties.
Contact Psychology Now
Ask a question or book an appointment below.
0468 440 295
Belrose - located in Glenrose Village in the premises of Belrose Medical Centre
Shop MM2b, 56-58 Glen St, Belrose NSW 2085
Frenchs Forest - located in neuroCare
Suite 4, Building 7, 49 Frenchs Forest Road East, Frenchs Forest 2086